NCTA – The Internet & Television Association produces INTX and this website to provide you with information about INTX being held in Washington, DC from April 26-28, 2017. At NCTA we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
In running and maintaining our Website and producing INTX we may collect and process the following data about you:
- INTX’s third-party registration vendor will collect credit card information. For more details on how credit card information is protected through Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance, please click here. Also, through the online registration process for INTX, NCTA also collects certain demographic information such as your job title, function, areas of interests, etc.
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data (such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses), location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information, sign up to receive email newsletters from us, take part in online surveys, or make a purchase.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
We will not collect or use sensitive information about you unless we have your affirmative express consent. This includes pharmaceutical prescriptions, medical records, your sexual orientation or personal financial information from you.
We may gather information about your general Internet use by using a cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Like some websites, we may use web beacons. A web beacon is a small piece of software code on a web page or email that is programmed to collect non-personally identifiable information about your use of a given website or newsletter, e.g. whether you opened the e-mail. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including to count visitors to the Website, to monitor how users navigate the Website, to count how many e-mails from NCTA were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed. To learn more about the use of this information or to choose not to have this information used by our third-party advertising partners by opting out please visit the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To communicate with you, respond to your inquiries and process any of your requests for e-mails, newsletters or other information, including verifying that your e-mail address is active and valid.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To protect or defend the rights, privacy, property, safety or security of any individual or entity, including the NCTA or third parties.
- To optimize or improve our Website, products, services, and operations.
- To perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Website and their usage patterns.
- For other reasons described in this Policy or disclosed to you at the time you provide the information.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
- As a visitor to the INTX website and/or in connection with your status as registrant for INTX, NCTA may share your personal information and associated demographic information with third parties affiliated with INTX, as well as with companies who provide products and services that might be of interest to you. NCTA may also provide advertisers or other partners with anonymous aggregated information about the visitors to our web site to illustrate usage trends and patterns. Third parties with whom NCTA shares information will have independent privacy and data collection practices. NCTA has no responsibility or liability for their policies or practices.
- Advertisements may be placed on this Website. These advertisements may place cookies to track only aggregate numbers - the number of persons who see a given ad and the number of persons who click on a given ad. These cookies from our advertisements on this Website do not collect personal information. The aggregate numbers are shared with our trusted advertising partners.
- Where we are required to respond to subpoenas or other legal process or if in our good faith opinion such disclosure is required by law.
- At the request of government authorities.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
- To third parties who may be contracted to assist in the operation of the Website and/or parties providing services on our behalf. We may provide these service providers with access to information, including personal information, needed to carry out the services they are performing. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to us.
- In the event that we transfer some or all of our business to a successor.
Please remember that any information you share in public areas, such as such as feedback sections or message boards, becomes public and anyone may take and use that information. Please be careful about what you disclose and do not post any information that you expect to keep private. Please consult the applicable guidelines, if any, for use of these features. NCTA cannot control who views information that you post in public areas of the Website and is not responsible for how third parties, including other users may use or disclose information that you post in public areas of the Website or otherwise share with other users or third parties.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code Section 1798.83, permits California residents with whom we have a business relationship to request certain information regarding disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the information provided below.
HOW DO WE SECURE YOUR DATA?
We will not retain information after it is no longer useful for the purposes for which it was collected. We will maintain physical, technical, and administrative security safeguards, appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, to protect any information about you that we collect or store. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
You can help protect the privacy of your own information by using encryption and other techniques to prevent unauthorized interception of your personal information. You are responsible for the security of your information that you transmit to us or view, download, or otherwise access when using unencrypted, public or otherwise unsecured networks.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
NOTE TO PARENTS
The Website is a general audience website. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children younger than thirteen (13) years of age (“Child“) on or through the Website. If we become aware that a Child has submitted Personal Information on or through the Website, we will immediately delete that Child’s Personal Information.
HOW TO CONTACT US
NCTA – The Internet & Television Association
Industry Affairs Department
25 Massachusetts Ave., NW, Suite 100
Washington, DC 20001
Phone: (202) 222-2430
Email: [email protected]